Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thoughts and Feelings

Our narrative writing will have more impact if we can describe the characters thoughts and feelings. Todays activity involved describing how this person was feeling and what was happening in his head.
Here are some highlights. Can you spot the similes, metaphors and 'voice' used? Ask your student what voice means - it's not so easy to explain.

Ooo, wait. He's as strong as me! Just jokes. He's as strong as a lion! Zain

I would be thinking, "I can do it! I can do it!" I would feel like I was going to get crushed like being nuder a steam roller!
Dominic

I gotta get it up and get the gold, make my country proud just a bit more. I've got the gold! The crowd is staring at me like greddy magpies!
Alex

The weight on each end of the bar were elephants jumping up and down, trying to make it all the harder for me.
Elise

The sweat trickled down my back and forehead like maple syrup being pured onto pancakes.
Rebecca

Lokk at him! Wooowzey! I can imagine him lifting up a car or two!
Ruby J

No comments: